Saturday, January 12, 2008

City of Miami Police: Hostage Negotiations

This morning when I stepped out to walk my dog, I found my neighborhood besieged by law enforcement. My first instinct was to grab my camera... IT WAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOOT ( no pun intended ). I grabbed my Nikon D3 70 to 200 2.8 and ran to the crime scene. As it turns out I didn't need this lens because I was called in from behind the yellow tape by the Hostage Negotiator to document the whole event. In case your wondering it turned out well. The hostage taker gave up her gun and the hostage too.
SWAT Team in bullet proof hummer...
The shot above is from inside the Negotiations truck...




Bad Boys, Bad Boys Whatcha You Gonna' Do, Whatcha Gonna' Do When They Come For You?

I would like to thank the City of Miami Police for keeping our neighborhood safe and for the peaceful outcome.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter Gregg said...

Hey Ray - great job and great opportunity right there at your door (almost). Looks like you had fun doing it too :)

Peter Gregg
Hialeah

7:09 PM  
Blogger antonio said...

Thats it I am staying at yours for ever, its like miami vice and CSI rolled into Desperate Housewives !!! And you were there to catch it all.

How funny for a saturday morning, did Storm get recruited as a drug and arms officer ??

Be safe my friend,T

7:57 PM  
Blogger Riccis Valladares Photography said...

I heard about this all the way in Paris ;-)

Good job documenting the events, PJ Ray.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Shane Melenbacker said...

Dude...how awesome is that! Did they give you vest too? Take care and be safe.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Dude! They INVITED you inside the yellow tape???? Are you some kind of special secret agent we don't know about? An undercover agent? I know you're a good talker but man, NOBODY gets inside the yellow tape! Inquiring minds want to know!

Be careful out there!

TC

1:28 PM  
Blogger Armin de Fiesta said...

Wow, I'm a little surprised you got in there too, but way to go!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home