Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nikon D3 at the Movies

Well it started back in Sendai Japan last year when Nikon and I spoke about having a Nikon D3 made for me. As she was being built for me and recieved her 12.1-megapixel FX-format (23.9 x 36mm) CMOS sensor/brain/heart the emails started. She was totally ready to become my work horse here in the US!!! One thing her and I had in common other than getting those killer dead on exposure shots was going to the movies so be it. I promised her as soon as I got my hands on her she got first pick of the movies so we caught a flick this weekend she just wanted some popcorn she was totally into the movie anyway thats that. She is ready for a Awesome wedding I have coming up in the Florida Keys this month so I can't wait. Below are some shots of us in the movies myself in the Apple store in the Falls with my Genius friend Ben he is a Certified Apple Final cut studio pro guy he was Awesome. Just playing around a little with final cut studio 2.0 I got the software last week I'm not a video guy at all but I like technalogy so just learning a bit. Above are shots from inside the Nikon factory as the NikonD3's are being built...
Have you ever tried shooting this purple color flower I recieved a couple of emails from photographers around the US how the D3 would do so here you go right out of the camera it's a bit of a funky color to shoot the D3 I think did a hell of a job!!! The white balance on this camera is dead on. This Nikon D3 is so Sick it's not even funny unclemike and I have emailing and calling each other for the last three or four days about the D3 if it has this do you know about that did you set this or that how funny like kids with a new toy. Nikon you guys are to much thank you for putting out an incredible camera out there...

8 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

Dude,

Cool new camera you and unclemike got. Heard great things about it, too. Heck, one reviewer said it was almost as good as the new Canon! HA. Seriously, 12,000 ISO? That's really sick. Sad thing is, I'd probably be able to use it around some of the reception sites here.

Talk soon my friend,

7:35 PM  
Blogger Marie Moyers said...

Wow.... beauty she is... what did you say her name was? Mistress ________?
ROFL

8:27 PM  
Blogger kennykimdotcom said...

Uncle Ray you crack me up! Finally Nikon comes out with a camera that comes close to Canon! :-)

7:37 AM  
Blogger antonio said...

Too funny Ray. I was not aware that Nikon built to order these days. I will get one ordered for my next Us trip and pick it up. I hear they put your name on the inside near the gear box, like Aston Martin do.

I see what you do with a D2Xs, cannot wait to see how creative you and unclemike will be with the D3.

I am bowing at the moment, bring it on baby.

T the Brit

10:32 AM  
Blogger MattDJ said...

Can't wait to see what the ingredients of you, a D3, and a wedding create!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ray Santana said...

Marie she doesn't have a name yet we are working on it maybe D. Kenny like the Porsche saying nothing even comes close, to this camera that is the Nikon D3 by the way. Dude try not to get your hands the D3 cause I will see your canon gear on ebay quiker than quick!!! T miss you bro yes this Nikon D3 is out of control Sick!!! BTW ken are the focusing problems fixed for the canon cameras yet???

10:56 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

HA! You got us on that focus thing, bro. Of course they say they fixed it...who knows.

I might be tempted by the D3 if it wasn't for those 1.2 lenses I just picked up.

Talk soon my friend,

6:48 PM  
Blogger Alex Rodriguez said...

That shot of the flower is an amazing example of the auto WB. That thing is sick!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home