Monday, May 12, 2008

Grace Ormonde Wedding Style

Advertising who says it doesn't work!!
So I get a call about a month ago on a Sunday afternoon unknown caller. I'm thinking it's my great friend T the Brit from the UK no it's a super sweet voice on the other line, the call was from Tuscany Italy. She started to say how much she loved my work and if I was available for her engagement party in Miami a couple weeks later. So we met a week after the call at her families house for an Interview everything went great they booked me for the engagement party and what is going to be the most Awesome 3 day event wedding in Florence Italy for 2008. Then at the meeting I started to ask her how she heard about me. OK here we go Grace Ormonde wedding style
Just wanted to say in the last month or two I have booked not 1 but 3 YES 3 weddings with the ad I have in this Awesome magazine... OK people the moral of the story is that advertising does work if your in the right place!! Grace Ormonde wedding style magazine has payed for itself 5 times over for me. I know advertising isn't for everyone. I know it does not work for everybody in the start it was a little slow for me but than all of a sudden it took off. A call here a call there. I don't book them all but the magazine really works people!! I just booked a celeb wedding from the Grace Ormonde mag for this year a couple weeks ago. Hey it's all good if you believe in spending a little money or a lot on getting your name out there. It's not for everyone but if you don't try it you will never know if it can work for you... I know it's not cheap sometimes but you know what, you get what you pay for. Listen if your website and portfolio is up to par and you have nice stuff not a lot of stuff but your best kick butt stuff I would say go for it you would be surprise in the out come. If you would like more info on advertising in what I believe to be the BEST wedding magazine in the US call Paula Lambert at 401.245.9726 she is the sweetest, she can give you all the info you need.
I love this shot it's the back of the house where the engagement party was on Saturday for the wedding in Italy this year, before the family and friends arrived what a blast I had...goodtimes

12 Comments:

Blogger kennykimdotcom said...

nice uncle ray - you are doing all the right things. congrats on the wedding in Italy! Good times!

12:39 PM  
Blogger eliesa said...

Ok my friend, Grace Ormonde is like THE best place you could ever place yourself. Also, just finding a way to be a part of it is amazing and a real accomplishment for your career! WAY-TO-GO!!! Congrats on the success of taking the best business risk - make it happen!

eliesa

12:56 PM  
Blogger Alex Rodriguez said...

Dude, first my car now my house! Cant invite you over with a camera anymore.

lol

Alex

1:41 PM  
Blogger Shane Melenbacker said...

Way to go ray!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Staja Studios said...

That's AWESOME Ray! If you need some help (and uncle mike is busy), I'll volunteer to lend a hand :) !!!! Thanks for sharing your success with advertising in Grace. I'm glad you gave people the skinny on how it was in the beginning vs. now. I think a lot of people pull their ad right before it starts paying dividends. I hope all is well my friend. Take Care!

- Jason

P.S. I never got the e-mail you mentioned with your address.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Armin de Fiesta said...

Congrats on the Italy gig, that's awesome bro! So who's the celeb you booked? :)

2:23 AM  
Blogger antonio said...

Ray, I thought I had a sweet voice on the phone also ? haha.

Great gig in Italy, you will find more photo opportunities than gigs of storage.

Call in on your way through to the motherland.!! Speak soon. T

2:51 AM  
Blogger Ray Santana said...

Thanks so much guys And gals :) Listen I know to advertise is not cheap today but if you believe in your self and especially in your work hey why not. If you have to charge a little or a lot its for your future. Why have all this expensive gear and know one knows who you are. Get your NAME BRAND out there. You will be surprise in the outcome. goodtimes

9:09 AM  
Blogger David Burke said...

It sure helps that you are an incredible human being that puts out consistently great work. Like you say, Advertising can be great, if you are in the right place!

SO happy for you bro! Do you need a second shooter for Italy? I am there. LOL

Good Times!

10:02 AM  
Blogger daria said...

hey mr. santana! how are you??
i thought i'd drop in and see what fun things you've been up to.
xo daria

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ray! That's fabulous. The couple I photographed this past weekend is honeymooning in Italy, and I almost begged them to take me with them! What a blast you'll have, and thanks for the words of advise regarding advertising. It seems that most everything I hear is that it's not worth the money...how encouraging to hear the exact opposite!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Frank Saldana said...

That's awesome you are having such great success! If you are going to advertise it is a good idea to do it right. Wedding Style is such a great publication. Must feel nice to also be featured in it. That is an accomplishment in itself. Take care.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home